Project ownerís and lenderís are presented with two risks when involved in a construction project
1) subcontractors arenít paid which results in mechanicís liens being filed against the property
2) funds have been disbursed for which the work has not been performed.
The most frustrating moment for a project owner, or a lender, is to find out that once all the funds have been disbursed that either a lien has been filed by a subcontractor for not being paid or that the project is not complete.
Certified Titleís Construction Services facilitates the disbursement of construction loans on single and multi-unit residential properties as well as commercial projects. Using our disbursement services, the project owner and the lender can be assured their money is being disbursed safely and in accordance with the terms of the disbursement agreement.
People within our construction department have an in-depth knowledge of the construction industry giving us an edge over our competitors. We are more than just a lien waiver collector. We make multiple site visits to ensure work is being performed as required. We maintain a dialogue with the general contractor to assist him with issues which may arise during the construction process. Moreover, we integrate ourselves into the whole project in order to ensure that everyoneís interest is protected.
We provide a title insurance policy upfront to the lender. The lender is insured from day one that the project is free from mechanicís liens and the work is complete for which payment is being requested.
Each construction draw includes the following:
1) Examine draw documents including sworn statements along with all invoices for materials and labor for which payment
is being requested.
2) Visit job site to ensure materials are present and labor has been performed for payments being requested.
3) Gather lien waivers from material providers and subcontractors for payments being requested.
4) Disburse funds in accordance with project ownerís and lenderís instructions.
5) Perform title update and issue policy endorsement to the lender.
For a more detailed explanation of our construction escrow services, please contact us at 618-654-1341 or e-mail at